This is an interactive and practical hands-on training session combining theory with practical project management application. The content is carefully planned to suit charities, non-governmental organisations, Not for Profit organisations, Community Interest Groups etc. This training course gives you the basic tools you need to prepare for grant/funding applications, planning your projects through to execution and handover.
Who is it for?
- Any charitable or not for profit organisation
- Anyone involved in submitting bids/funding application for charities
- Anyone involved in delivering a charitable projects
- Anyone involved in leading a charitable project
- Anyone interested in applying project management principles to their charitable projects
Course mode and duration
1 day – classroom
1 day – online
The Course Content include;
- General overview of project management
- Understanding the project life cycles
- Writing the project benefits
- Writing the project requirements
- Understanding the project scope
- Estimating the project cost and time
- Planning the project
- Identifying the project risks
- Identifying and writing the project context
- Monitoring and controlling the project
- Closing and handing over a project
Your understanding will be assessed internally during the course. Templates for practical application of project management concepts will be used to assess your understanding.